Table of Contents
The best SEO tools to get your website found!
You may have recently launched a new website or you may have an established site that has been online for many years. In either case, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is vitally important for both.
Google and other search engines are constantly changing and improving how they serve information to their users. They will always prioritize their users and not the website owners.
As such it is on us website owners to make sure that our sites meet the standards set by the search engines or else risk not being found by users.
This can be a daunting task, especially for small businesses where there is never enough time for the daily tasks let alone adding more to your team’s workload.
To make SEO easier and more effective we recommend the following 5 best SEO tools for 2024. It’s worth noting that these are not picked out of thin air, we have used each one of these tools for SEO work in the past and rate every one of these highly. In our expert opinion, these are the best SEO Tools available in 2024.
There is an option for every budget, campaign scale and business type. Each one is a fantastic tool for the success of your website!
Semrush offers a generous trial period with access to the majority of its core services.
With a Pro trial, you can:
- Create 5 Projects
- Analyze a competitor’s strategy (keywords, ads, backlinks)
- Manage social campaigns
- Research keywords
- Track up to 500 keywords
- Conduct link building
- Get on-page insights: SEO ideas/content templates for up to 10 keywords
- Get technical optimization insights: crawl and audit 100,000 pages
Moz is a huge name in the SEO world (back in the day they were called SEOMoz), they were one of the first big SEO service companies and still provide fantastic tools and services.
Their service “Moz Pro” is a comprehensive SEO software suite that offers a variety of features and tools to help businesses and digital marketers optimize their online presence and improve their search engine rankings.
This would be a good option for beginners or those with less technical knowledge as its interface is very simple to use and allows you to get stuck in quickly.
Some key features of Moz Pro include:
- Keyword Research: Moz Pro helps users find relevant keywords for their content and provides insights into their competitiveness and search volumes.
- Site Crawl: It allows users to crawl and analyze their websites for issues that may impact SEO, such as broken links, duplicate content, and other technical issues.
- Rank Tracking: Moz Pro provides tools to track the rankings of specific keywords over time, allowing users to monitor their SEO performance.
- Link Building: The software offers insights into backlinks, helping users identify and analyze the quality and quantity of links pointing to their site.
- On-Page Optimization: Moz Pro provides recommendations for optimizing on-page elements to improve SEO, such as title tags, meta descriptions, and header tags.
- Competitive Analysis: Users can analyze the SEO strategies of competitors, helping them identify opportunities and areas for improvement.
- Reporting and Analytics: Moz Pro provides reporting tools to track and measure the effectiveness of SEO efforts over time.
Ahrefs is not as big a name as the previous two but its popularity has grown considerably over the past few years and is the go-to tool for organisations who want to create reports to pass on to SEO consultants.
Ahrefs provides a suite of tools that help website owners, digital marketers, and SEO professionals with various aspects of their online presence and search engine optimization efforts.
We like this service to provide a good overview of a website’s SEO health along with tracking search engine results for keyword phrases. Its user-friendly interface is great for those who appreciate clean and simple designs.
Some key features and functionalities of Ahrefs include:
- Site Explorer: A comprehensive tool for analyzing backlinks, organic search traffic, and other SEO metrics for a particular website.
- Keyword Explorer: Helps users discover new keywords, assess their search volumes, and analyze the competitiveness of those keywords.
- Content Explorer: Allows users to find popular content in their niche, analyze its performance, and identify potential link-building opportunities.
- Rank Tracker: Monitors the search engine rankings of specific keywords over time and provides insights into ranking changes.
- Site Audit: Scans websites for technical SEO issues, such as broken links, crawl errors, and other factors that may affect search engine performance.
- SEO Toolbar: A browser extension that provides on-the-fly SEO metrics while browsing the web.
- Competitor Analysis: Ahrefs enables users to analyze the SEO strategies of their competitors, including their backlink profiles, top-performing content, and keyword rankings.
- Alerts: Users can set up alerts to receive notifications about changes in backlinks, keyword rankings, and other important SEO metrics.
Screaming Frog is the only tool here which is not a virtual service. Instead, their product is software that you can have on your Windows or Mac computer. Screaming Frog is a UK-based search marketing agency that is well respected in the industry.
Screaming Frog SEO Spider is a desktop-based website crawler and SEO analysis tool. The tool is widely used by SEO professionals, web developers, and digital marketers to analyze and optimize websites for search engine performance.
Some of our clients prefer that it is a desktop program rather than a website. Regardless, it’s worth downloading the trial and seeing how you get on with it. It’s not the prettiest of the tools here but it is very powerful.
Key features of Screaming Frog SEO Spider include:
- Website Crawling: The tool crawls websites to gather data on various SEO-related elements, such as URLs, page titles, meta descriptions, header tags, and more.
- URL and Data Analysis: Users can view and analyze data for each URL on a website, allowing them to identify issues and opportunities for optimization.
- Internal and External Link Analysis: Screaming Frog provides insights into internal and external links on a website, helping users understand the site’s linking structure.
- Duplicate Content Detection: The tool identifies duplicate content, which is crucial for avoiding SEO issues related to duplicate pages.
- Site Structure Visualization: Users can visualize the structure of their websites, including how pages are connected through internal links.
- XML Sitemap Generation: Screaming Frog can generate XML sitemaps that help search engines understand the structure of a website.
- Hreflang Checker: It helps identify and analyze hreflang tags on multilingual websites, ensuring correct language targeting.
- Page Speed Analysis: The tool can provide insights into page loading times and highlight potential performance issues.
- Integration with other tools: Screaming Frog can be integrated with other SEO tools and analytics platforms for a more comprehensive analysis.
Screaming Frog SEO Spider is available in both free and paid versions. The free version has some limitations, such as a restricted number of crawled pages, while the paid version (Screaming Frog SEO Spider License) offers additional features and allows for crawling larger websites.
Majestic SEO is yet another big name in SEO. They have been around a long time and are best known for their focus on backlink analysis and provide a comprehensive set of tools for understanding a website’s link profile.
We recommend Majestic SEO for checking backlinks and link building. It’s one of the best options out there for this. Given its specialise, we suggest that you pair it up with one of the other SEO tools so that you cover all aspects of SEO.
Key features of Majestic SEO include:
- Backlink Analysis: Majestic SEO offers extensive data on backlinks, allowing users to explore and analyze the link profile of their own website or competitors. This includes metrics such as Trust Flow, Citation Flow, and the number of external backlinks.
- Site Explorer: Users can enter a domain or URL to get a detailed breakdown of its backlink profile, anchor text distribution, and other relevant metrics.
- Link Context: Majestic provides insights into the context of links, helping users understand the relevance and quality of backlinks.
- Competitor Analysis: Users can compare their website’s link profile with that of competitors, helping to identify opportunities and weaknesses in their SEO strategy.
- Site Comparison: Majestic allows users to compare multiple websites in terms of their backlink metrics, helping with competitive analysis.
- Link Building Tools: The tool provides features to aid in link building efforts, including identifying potential link opportunities.
- Site Explorer API: Majestic offers an API (Application Programming Interface) that allows developers to integrate Majestic data into their own applications or tools.
- Historical Data: Majestic provides historical data on backlinks, allowing users to track changes in a website’s link profile over time.
As we mentioned in the beginning, each of these SEO tools is a good option. Ultimately it will come down to your budget and expertise as to which one is best for you and your business.
We suggest that you take advantage of the free trials available and see how you get on. They all have very helpful and extensive documentation to get you started.
That said, if SEO is something you would rather get done outside of your company, then we are always happy to discuss your requirements and go from there.
Even if the long-term goal is training one of your team to take over managing the SEO tool.
Our approach is always putting your business first!
Drop us a message if you would like to talk SEO and how it can help your business.
Helping Businesses Online
Thank you for reading!
We want to help as many businesses as we can with free actionable knowledge. If you found this article helpful please share it around, thank you! ☺️